Saturday, May 16, 2009

American Idol Results Night

I should have posted earlier, but as it was, I was not available. I did, indeed, watch Wednesday night's American Idol, but alas, I was not able to write. So it's a belated posting on last Wednesday's American Idol Results night. I'm not well. Just the facts, folks.

It's down to just three final contestants. Danny Gokey, Chris Allen and Adam Lambert.

We got to see the hometown heroes welcome for the three of them. Feeling like a Hollywood star for a day. That must be great. Can't imagine it. Wow.

Danny Gokey is going home after 88 million votes. Now the battle remains between Chris and Adam. It depends on what America thinks of what they want their next American Idol to be. Do they want versatility - Adam Lambert (think of the staying power of Madonna, David Bowie who have that star quality to change with the times - versatility) or do they want Chris Allen? Chris Allen, I'm not sure if he possess that versatility and the ability to change with the times. He does well at one style of music and that's it. We want multi-tasking. A wide range of talent. Who's the deal on American Idol?

No comments:

Post a Comment